Hiking Tips And Tricks!
1. Start small and choose the right trail for your fitness level.
2. Familiarize yourself with the trail.
3. Check the weather.
4. Tell someone where you will be.
5. Pack the 10 essentials.
6. Wear the right shoes and socks.
7. Dress for success.
8. Keep it light.
9. Leave no trace.
Ten Essential Systems:
- Navigation (map & compass)
- Sun protection (sunglasses & sunscreen)
- Insulation (extra clothing)
- Illumination (headlamp/flashlight)
- First-aid supplies (waterproof matches/lighter/candle)
Repair kit and tools
- Nutrition (extra food)
- Hydration (extra water)
- Emergency shelter (tent/plastic tube tent/garbage bag)